ACE Task Force
The ACE Task Force of Shelby County is comprised of more than 40 local leaders dedicated to raising awareness about the connection between childhood trauma and the costly and harmful challenges the community faces.
In 2014, the Task Force administered a randomized, confidential telephone survey to 1,506 Shelby County residents to learn more about the underlying prevalence of adverse childhood experiences in the area. The survey contained questions about childhood maltreatment and family dysfunction, as well as questions regarding current health status and behaviors.
The results led to the formation of the ACE Awareness Foundation and its Universal Parenting Places among other key initiatives. The Foundation continues to oversee and drive the work of the Task Force.
Current task force members include:
- Cynthia Allen, Co-Chair, BMHCC, System Community Involvement Manager
- Cardell Orrin, Co-Chair, Memphis City Director, Stand for Children
- Sandra Allen, Director, Lebonheur Center for Children & Parents
- Belinda Anderson, Community Volunteer
- Jenny Arthur, Community Volunteer
- Nancy Bogatin, Retired Advertising Executive
- Floyd Bonner, Chief Deputy, Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- Sonji Branch, ED, Communities in Schools of Tennessee
- Ruby Bright, ED, Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis
- Kelli Davis, LPC, Lakeside Behavioral Health Hospital
- Donna DiClementi, LCSW, CEAP, Director, Employee Assistance Program, Living Well Network
- Katherine Mara Dowd, Butler Snow LLP
- Rev. Marlon Foster, CEO, Knowledge Quest
- Lucia Gilliland, Community Volunteer
- Kevin Hammeran, CEO, Baptist Women’s Hospital for Women
- Willeen Hastings, CEO, Memphis Health Center
- Alisa R. Haushalter, DNP, RN, Director, Shelby County Health Department
- Ramin Homayouni. Director, Bioinformatics Program, Professor, Biological Sciences
- Keenon McCloy, Dr. Memphis Public Library and Information Center
- Yvonne Madlock, Retired, Dr. Shelby County Health Dept.
- Rick Masson, Executive Director, Memphis Shelby Crime Commission
- Karen Matthews, Ph.D, President/CEO Delta Health Alliance
- Barbara Nixon, Board Chair, ACE Awareness Foundation
- Maureen O’Conner, Director, Public Policy, LeBonheur Children’s Hospital
- Owen P. Phillips MD, UT College of Medicine
- Marilyn Robinson, SVP/Marketing & Government Relations, St. Francis Hospital
- Mark Sturgis, ED, Seeding Success
- Tish Towns, SVP/Marketing & External Relations, Regional One Health
- Keisha Walker, Administrator, Shelby County Office of Early Childhood & Youth
- Robin Waters, Teacher – Achievement School District
- Amy Weirich, Shelby County District Attorney
- Memphis Mayor AC Wharton, Jr.
- Jamila Wicks, ED, Books From Birth
- Linda Williams, Pres/CEO RISE Foundation
- Gwendolyn Wright, Regional Coordinator, TN Comm. On Children & Youth
- Paula Wilkinson, CONCERN Director, Baptist Memorial Health Care
Ex Officio Task Force Members include:
- Tennessee First Lady Chrissy Haslam
- Deputy Jim Henry, Chief of Staff
- Shelby County Mayor Mark Luttrell, Jr.
- Mayor Jim Strickland, City of Memphis